AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th February, 2005, 01:16 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

ATI cannot meet demand...year 2

Give this lovely email from ATI a read. I'm not too upset since i had originally ordered these cards for ATI AMR, and then found that AMR was not coming, and that some website listing the x850xt as only having 8 pipelines(a typo i was to find out later, but the AMR thing had already sealed the deal)
Quote:
We are sorry to inform you that we will no longer be able to fulfill your current order on the RADEON X850 XT.

The RADEON X800 PLATINUM is available in limited supply at our retailer partners such as Best Buy and CompUSA.
In addition, we have only begun to start taking pre-orders on the latest RADEON X800XL. There are a limited number of these units so if you would like to place your order please do so at your earliest convenience.
For your patience and loyalty we have authorized our ShopATI Online Store staff to offer you a bonus if you decide to replace your existing order with a preorder for the RADEON X800XL. This bonus offer is time sensitive and expires this Friday at 9AM Eastern Central Time. When contacting the ShopATI Store please mention Priority Code: ****** to receive your bonus offer. Please call 1-888-9SHOPATI or 1-888-974-6728, Monday through Friday, 9AM - 9PM EST.
Your patience is appreciated and we look forward to hearing from you, ****.
Sincerely,

ShopATI Customer Care
NOw what has happened?

I dunno...

But I CAN tell you that sapphire is making all X800 cards from here on out...

see here :
Quote:
But it appears Sapphire has won this round and is producing all X850 and new PCIe X800 cards based on the R430 core. Asus and MSI could make their own cards but it might cost them too much to produce their own printed circuit boards (PCBs), and put them together.

Sapphire, on the other hand, builds the cards for Dell and other OEMs. In this case, Sapphire is acting as a contracting company working for ATI, which then sells those cards back to who ever wants them.
So it seems that this newest deal has something to do with it.

As well, compuUSA now has the x800XL@ MSRP($299)
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...335&pfp=BROWSE

As always, i'll keep you all informed of what i hear.

Last edited by cadaveca; 18th February, 2005 at 01:21 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th February, 2005, 01:37 AM
Steve Jobs

Sounds x850PE is starting to sound a bit like the NV30 Ultra of 2003 lol. hopefully they get their shop in order before your customers get bored.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!