AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th February, 2005, 11:09 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

MSI RX9250 Drivers.

I have the drivers that came on the cd installed i went into the ati control panel under options and it says i have CATALYST Version 04.3. The ATI site has version 5.2 listed should i try these?

I took a look at that MSI Live Monitor and set to show only thing's newer then currently installed and it returned nothing so.....is the newer version(s) just not listed or is their a reason why newer versions don't show up.
Old 19th February, 2005, 01:10 PM
Member/Contributer

I don't think 4.3 included catalyst a.i. if this is the case then there should be some benefits to using the latest versions, catalyst a.i. tweaks visual settings to give some extra performance, probably around 5% on your card
don't bother using the manufacturers drivers, just use ati's, they don't usually update them because they know this is what most people do.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th February, 2005, 01:27 PM
Banned

Ahhh i thought so their installed and running now. I downloaded the first and small package though which doesn't have something with it as i don't want to install the .NET Framework(shivers)
Old 19th February, 2005, 03:16 PM
Member/Contributer

I think the omega drivers give you a.i. options without the .net framework

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th February, 2005, 04:31 PM
Banned

Hmmm can't seem to get to omegadrivers or omegacorner right now. I'll have to take a look tomorrow. I had a look earlier but wasn't sure whether i should try them or not.
Old 19th February, 2005, 05:59 PM
Member/Contributer

not working for me either, should be back soon though.
they are worth a try, they improve performance slightly over ati's drivers

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah