AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th August, 2005, 01:29 AM

Benchmark results with XG77.76 drivers

Thanks to the developer of these drivers. I do not have the former results but I can tell you these are about 15% higher.

GL Excess Skydiver
Dual Channel
AMD 4800 64 Venice Processor
(4) Sata Seagate 160 gig Drives (raid array)
(1) Maxtor External 120 gig USB 2.0
SoundBlaster X-fi Platinum
Bose Desktop companions with Sub Woofer
Koolance PC3 Case (all hardware water/gylcol cooled)
Temps: Unloaded 93 (F) Loaded 101 (F)
Samsung Cd-R/RW 52x24x52
Memorex DVD-R/RW 8X
WinXP SP2
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th August, 2005, 02:18 AM
Steve Jobs

Sounds about right for your system. The 77.76XGs are the best set for my machine I have ever used. Did this make your BF2 gaming less jerky?
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st August, 2005, 07:22 AM

BF2 runs like warm butter running off the end of a spatula at 1154x852 (something like that settings). All the settings on highest they can go. It is sweet being in a helicopter and looking down and seeing the copter shadow (perfect image) on the basin or the canyon wall. See other gamers shadows if the sun reflects behind them as they approach you. I ran a HL2 benchmark and averaged 91 FPS at ultra high settings at 1280x1164.
I noticed you have studio bose speakers! I have a Bose Theater system in my house and my Tahoe came with a 7 speaker Bose System. I have not tried the Computer ones yet. How do they compare and are they digital?
Dual Channel
Samsung Cd-R/RW 52x24x52
Memorex DVD-R/RW 8X
WinXP SP2

Last edited by SkyDiver; 21st August, 2005 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Revision and question
Old 21st August, 2005, 09:17 AM
Steve Jobs

Mine are not digital, they are unpowered bose speakers from a recording studio that I picked up second hand. They go through a bose valve amp, and a B&O dsp/eq from the computer, all non digital. Stereo only, not surround. I use a set of Z-5500s for 5.1, but they just dont produce music quality that the bose set do.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 22nd August, 2005, 04:43 AM

Still sounds like a good system. The Logitech speakers are good speakers but they seem to loose out on top end base and low center sound during a spin around as i call it.
Dual Channel
Samsung Cd-R/RW 52x24x52
Memorex DVD-R/RW 8X
WinXP SP2
Old 29th August, 2005, 05:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to saquib

Let The Image Speak, Instead of Words!

For people who still dont believe in 7800GTX and 77.76, here's a prove. I wont spend my words, just the image. I knwo its not the hghest possible resolution, but at this screen res with 8X AA and Ultra Video Settings, the frame reates never go down. I was lagging because of my 512MB RAM. Finally summed up a 1GB RAM setup for my sis, and tried Ultra video settings. It was mind blowing. Crisp, Clean, and Clear!!!

P.S. How do I benchmark Doom 3 performance???
Attached Thumbnails
Benchmark results with XG77.76 drivers-7800gtx_doom3.jpg  
Old 29th August, 2005, 05:02 PM

The textures are really noticable.

Corsair CX 750W | TP-Link Archer | MSI Z-390A Pro | ASUS GTX 1060 3GB Phoenix | Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200 | Corsair Carbide 275R | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 500GB Samsung 860 EVO + 120GB Kingston SV300 | Sony BT Headphones/Anker BT Speaker| ASUS TUF Gaming VG24V | Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed | Microsoft Wireless Keyboard
Old 29th August, 2005, 05:08 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquib
For people who still dont believe in 7800GTX and 77.76, here's a prove. I wont spend my words, just the image. I knwo its not the hghest possible resolution, but at this screen res with 8X AA and Ultra Video Settings, the frame reates never go down. I was lagging because of my 512MB RAM. Finally summed up a 1GB RAM setup for my sis, and tried Ultra video settings. It was mind blowing. Crisp, Clean, and Clear!!!

P.S. How do I benchmark Doom 3 performance???
Download fraps so that we see how many frames you actually have there. I will give it a go now and show you guys how my 6800 is performing with the maximum amount of AA ! By the way use a more open room with more light for us to see what you've done, the pic you take is to dark...
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 29th August, 2005, 06:06 PM
Benchmarker

Wink

Here are some pics and fps. Name of the pic says all...
Attached Thumbnails
Benchmark results with XG77.76 drivers-doom3noaa.jpg   Benchmark results with XG77.76 drivers-doom34aa.jpg   Benchmark results with XG77.76 drivers-doom38aa.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 29th August, 2005, 06:14 PM

Okay, the weird thing is, the Frame rate never would go over 60 FPS !! In reviews, almsot very close to my CPU sepcs shwos a much higher FPS (as far as I remember...) EVER..! Not even in the menu... Seems like is it locked at this Frame Rate. I'm uisng 1152x800res, 8X AA, With ALL ADVANCED OPTIONS switched on (inlcuing vertical sync.) I have also selected "ULTRA" as my video Settings. Could it be related to my monitor's refresh rate? Well, my monitor can support 75hz in that res. Well, in highly detail areas (or pretty much of in everwhere) the average frame rate is 30. Although I MUST add, without something showing the FPS, there is no way to tell that that screen could have low FPS. I mean it's still incredinly smooth.

It should be added, as I stated earlier in other threads, Im using Winchester 3500+, Kingston (4x256MB) 1GB DDR400/PC3200, MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (nForce4 SLI) and MSI 7800GTX. There is NO overclocking in either CPU or GPU.

That's about it. have a lok at the screen, it still looks great!
Attached Thumbnails
Benchmark results with XG77.76 drivers-doom3_screen2.jpg  
Old 29th August, 2005, 06:17 PM

I think you have Vertical sync on or Vsync. This makes it so (I think) your max FPS will be whatever your refresh rate is. Though every time I have it enabled my max fps is 60.

Quote:
Synchronizing pulses used to define the end of one television field and the start of the next, occurring at a rate of approximately 59.94 Hz (color), and 60 Hz (black & white).

Corsair CX 750W | TP-Link Archer | MSI Z-390A Pro | ASUS GTX 1060 3GB Phoenix | Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200 | Corsair Carbide 275R | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 500GB Samsung 860 EVO + 120GB Kingston SV300 | Sony BT Headphones/Anker BT Speaker| ASUS TUF Gaming VG24V | Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed | Microsoft Wireless Keyboard
Old 29th August, 2005, 06:59 PM

AA the FPS Killer?

Yeah, I did mention i had VSync on. Should eb for that. Anyways, i turned the AA from 8X to 4X, the FPS boosted up to avg of 55-58 FPS! truely incredible. And I even highered the res to 1280x1024!! So seems like AA effects FPS here more than resolution... interesting indeed......! And the image quality is really not that different. But if you closely observe you'd see some jagged edges on sloping objects, sometimes same happens to floor tiles. Still great FPS boost! Screenshot is attached....!
Attached Thumbnails
Benchmark results with XG77.76 drivers-4xaa_ultra.jpg  
Old 29th August, 2005, 10:26 PM

yea my 6800 gets around 45-50 on ultra with everything on and 4x AA....though it lags to like 30 sometimes durin some intense stuff.....i guess thats where the 7800 becomes golden...

i wanna get teh doom expansion..is it any good???
Old 30th August, 2005, 05:47 AM
Benchmarker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquib
Yeah, I did mention i had VSync on. Should eb for that. Anyways, i turned the AA from 8X to 4X, the FPS boosted up to avg of 55-58 FPS! truely incredible. And I even highered the res to 1280x1024!! So seems like AA effects FPS here more than resolution... interesting indeed......! And the image quality is really not that different. But if you closely observe you'd see some jagged edges on sloping objects, sometimes same happens to floor tiles. Still great FPS boost! Screenshot is attached....!
LOL, do you workout? You are in the Aerobic stabilizer...
Now how many FPS you have there in a battle when 16AA?

Old 30th August, 2005, 06:02 AM

if i have 1 or 2 zombies, the fps stays pretty much the same. but sometimes it goes down to 45 fps. lowest ive seen had been 41fps. so there's no way i can go over 60FPS with vsync. i cant switch off vsync 'cuz the horizontal linein the screen comes too often, clearly indicating screen cant refresh that fast vertically.

btw, i was asked for a brighter screen, so i chose the stabalizer shot. it looks great, and the texture are quite crisp. i havent checked out doom3's expansio yet either. infact i havent finsihed this game completely. needless to say, teh game DOES give me spooks, i dont play it all the time, but its one game that i can consider for testing graphics, only because everything looks so good here. cabt wait till Quake 4 comes out. Shouldn;y quake 4 give "pretty much" the same performance of doom 3 on the same machine with same drivers?

Last edited by saquib; 30th August, 2005 at 06:10 AM.
Old 30th August, 2005, 02:35 PM
Benchmarker

60 is weird because the same happens to me, at most 61, and my vsync is off. In FarCry for example I often have 85-90-100. I think is something with the engine but anyway is running great on my modest rig !

Old 1st September, 2005, 04:08 PM
Benchmarker

And another shot from Doom3. Question. If no SLI and no 7800 is it a good thing to go for 77.77 modded drivers?
Attached Thumbnails
Benchmark results with XG77.76 drivers-doom3b.jpg  

Old 1st September, 2005, 04:11 PM
Steve Jobs

Chris hold off for a half hour on it will you?

Ive got something in the works that I'm uploading.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 1st September, 2005, 04:38 PM
Benchmarker

No problemo. I'll wait !

Old 1st September, 2005, 04:43 PM
Steve Jobs

OK, its up now. The driver is the TweaksRUs.com Xtreme-G 78.11. Its the top of the latest downloads list on the right. I'll make a frontpage post when I get to test it.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah