AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th October, 2005, 04:23 PM

Unlocking pipes in my X800GTO

According to tech PowerUp, my Connect3d GTO is the only GTO other than the Sapphire GTO2 that you can unlock to 16 pipelines, if your lucky enough to have the right core.
If you look on their walkthroguh, it tells you how to do it by flashing the BIOS.
But I am unsure if Tech PowerUps BIOS is to be trusted. I mean, it could do anything. Is this walktrough to be trusted do you think?
Because if I could get my GTO to XT speeds, that'd be amazing!
That would mean my card is faster than a 68800GT. In fact, my card, according to Hexus, only runs marginally slower than the 6800GT at stock anyway!
Old 27th October, 2005, 04:24 PM

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...ng/vidcard/127
Old 28th October, 2005, 08:17 PM

Its true. I flashed my C3d GTO and it clocks high. Check this thread out.
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=5215
Old 28th October, 2005, 09:25 PM

What's the risk? Can it go wrong?
Old 29th October, 2005, 07:33 AM

As long as you flash correctly you will have no problem. U can always flash back to original bios. Everyone know so far has flashed successfully and the only one that didn't may have to do more w/ ULI AsusRock mobo. Good luck and post results.