AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th October, 2001, 08:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CNUCompGuy Send a message via AIM to CNUCompGuy Send a message via Yahoo to CNUCompGuy

Question Something like 3dMark2001

Anybody know of something that tests the quality of your graphics card that is similar to 3Dmark that is free?? If so let me know. I already have SiSoft Sandra, but that's not what I'm looking for although it is a great free program. Let me know!!
Old 4th October, 2001, 09:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

the basic 3dmarks 2k1 is free to dl..
Old 4th October, 2001, 10:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CNUCompGuy Send a message via AIM to CNUCompGuy Send a message via Yahoo to CNUCompGuy

where??
Old 4th October, 2001, 11:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to fireball_87

ftp://ftp2.puces3d.com/pucesd/3dmark/3DMark2001.exe
its 38mb.
512mb crucial pc 2100 ddr
sound blaster audigy
120gb 7200 rpm WD hard drive
40x12x40 cd burner
16x dvd
450wpsu
alienware style green case (:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th October, 2001, 12:28 AM
Banned

Talking

Thanks for the FTP. I don't mind the size of the file as long as the site uploads at a descent speed--I'm connected via a T3 line at my college, so it's all good
Old 5th October, 2001, 04:02 AM

or their site: www.madonion.com
Old 5th October, 2001, 02:04 PM

If you have a Video card under the level of a Geforce2 pro then I would use 2000 because 2001 is made for high end cards.

AMD XP 1700+ @ 1639mhz (Bad vid card can't hold high FSB)
Epox 8hka+
Aska Silver Mtn 40ºC full load folding 24/7
60gb Seagate 7200rpm
60gb Seagate 7200rpm
GF2MX400 w/ updated bios modded with 23cfm fan and AS2 under the heatsink on the GPU
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th October, 2001, 02:37 PM
Banned

Well, I ran 2001 and got a score of about 1550, is that any good for my setup??
Old 5th October, 2001, 11:04 PM

If you run 2000 you'll have a better score they made 2001 just to try and help the Vid card people sell more cards.

AMD XP 1700+ @ 1639mhz (Bad vid card can't hold high FSB)
Epox 8hka+
Aska Silver Mtn 40ºC full load folding 24/7
60gb Seagate 7200rpm
60gb Seagate 7200rpm
GF2MX400 w/ updated bios modded with 23cfm fan and AS2 under the heatsink on the GPU
Old 6th October, 2001, 06:17 AM

that sounds a bit low to me......
Old 7th October, 2001, 06:12 PM
Banned

Cool

Well, I did a few tweaks to my video card and bumped up my score to about 2180. I'm sure I can get it a little higher, but I don't have good enough ventilation in my case, yet, but soon enough, lol. Is that a good score?? Also, where do I get 3DMark2000?? Thanks!!
Old 10th October, 2001, 09:39 PM

that sounds like a pretty good score for your setup...you can get 3dmarks 2k from www.madonion.com also, although your system is good enough to run 2k1..
Old 1st November, 2001, 04:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SJAXKINGPIN

Nearly 2200 is pretty good w/ 32mb Radeon. Like the others said, 3DMark2K is likely a better choice for your setup, as 2001 leverages 3D features not found in your card.
2-WD 100GB 7200rpm Drives
Geforce 2 GTS 32mb Waiting for my Ti4400
SB Audigy

Dual PIII 933mhz Server
1/2 GB PC133
2-9.1gb 7200RPM Ultrastars
1-WD 1200Jb 120gb 8mb 7200RPM
40gb 7200 RPM Maxtor
Old 1st November, 2001, 04:36 AM
Banned

Would you suggest me getting a nVIDIA GeForce MX400 3D 64MB SDRAM AGP video card or sticking with the Radeon that I currently have??
Old 1st November, 2001, 04:59 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

That sounds very low for a Radeon 32MB DDR. At stock (162Mhz for the Retail 32MB DDR's and 148 for OEMs usually), you should get about 2750 with the 162Mhz and 2600 with the 148Mhz. You should download RadeonTweaker and use it to tweak your settings. Also, ensure that you are using the 4.13.7189 drivers from the ATI site. These are the fastest as of right now in my experience.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 1st November, 2001, 05:05 AM
Banned

Well, for starters....I already have Radeon Tweaker and that's what I got my score up to after tweaking several things and overclocking it a bit. I had it running up at 174 when I ran the test and I had the Memory Latency set to fast. Also, second, I think you might have mis-typed the driver number. The latest is 5.13.01.3211 and the oldest that ATI has listed is 5.0.3035. Is the oldest one the one that you are talking about?? If not, then why would I use a driver that old for my Radeon?? You might be mistaking my Radeon for another version of it. I have the original Radeon 32MB DDR. No other numbers in that title. I do not have the All-in-Wonder version, though. Thanks!!
Old 1st November, 2001, 05:12 AM
Banned

Hey, Superman. I just noticed something....that driver that you mentioned is the 9x/Me driver, not 2000. The scores thatIposted were for Windows 2000, but I think all of this will be alot better after I upgrade to WindowsXP in about a week or so. I've been using it on my work computer for almost a year, now, and I love it. Honestly, I believe it is their best OS, yet!!
Old 1st November, 2001, 05:15 AM
Systems Administrator

I'm sorry, the driver I mentioned was for 95/98/ME. I thought you were using 95/98/ME in those tests but you are using 2k by the driver numbers. Now the score looks better I'm sorry, I assumed you were using 95/98/ME in which the scores would be higher. Anyway, the latest beta drivers from www.rage3d.com are the 3281's. You may want to try these and see how they affect your score.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 1st November, 2001, 05:16 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by CNUCompGuy
Hey, Superman. I just noticed something....that driver that you mentioned is the 9x/Me driver, not 2000. The scores thatIposted were for Windows 2000, but I think all of this will be alot better after I upgrade to WindowsXP in about a week or so. I've been using it on my work computer for almost a year, now, and I love it. Honestly, I believe it is their best OS, yet!!
Yes, XP is a little zippier than 2k. I noticed little to no drop in 3dMark2001 scores from 98SE to XP but the OpenGL is a little lacking to say the least. Anyway, you should see a fairly large improvement going from 2k to XP in the video department.

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 1st November, 2001, 05:17 AM
Banned

That's cool, I'll give em a try. I do dual-boot 2K and Me, but Ihaven't had a chance to try 3D Mark2001 on my Me boot. I'll try it eventually, lol.