AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th April, 2002, 12:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

GeForce4Ti4400 OC

Can people give me feedback on the speeds of their OC'z for their GeForce4Ti4400's? Thankx.
Old 9th April, 2002, 07:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

i dunno if anybody here has the 4400.
Old 9th April, 2002, 09:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Oh... I hope some people do! What about GeForce4 cooling?
Old 9th April, 2002, 02:01 PM
Banned

You'd be a trailblazer. Tossing $300+ on a video card that will be $200 in a few months as the newness wears off is not my idea of "up"-grading... not to mention the GF3 features/dx8 that aren't even being used in the current set of games... etc

I happen to know from research that the Ti4600 is the only one with the 2.8ns bga memory, so overclocking will be more limited on the memory modules for the ti4400 and t14200, core should push about the same, say 325mhz assuming they didn't cripple the core by lowering the voltage it runs at through a bios modification between models (like ATI did with the 8500/LE/OEM).

**edit--core would be closer to 325mhz overclocked**

Last edited by Pinky; 9th April, 2002 at 04:33 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th April, 2002, 04:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nate-X Send a message via AIM to Nate-X

My ti4400 is waiting for me at the post office... can't wait to get my geforce2 ultra outtta there!

*edit* got it for $245 shipped.. so didn't do *too* bad
Old 9th April, 2002, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate-X
*edit* got it for $245 shipped.. so didn't do *too* bad
That isn't too bad, I'm waiting for the Ti4200 and then waiting some more until it reaches the $150 range... hopefully in time for Unreal Tourney II in late June
Old 9th April, 2002, 05:37 PM

Just got it today.. grr didn't come with any game demos.. wtf is that all about lol
Old 9th April, 2002, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nate-X
Just got it today.. grr didn't come with any game demos.. wtf is that all about lol
OEM won't include them, but I'm sure nvidia's got some for download on their site...

Yup, found some demos on the nvidia site...

Last edited by Pinky; 9th April, 2002 at 10:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th April, 2002, 10:39 PM

Dammit.. I went to put on the new heatsink and got thermal compound all over the processor Is there anyway to clean it up? Or will anything bad occur? Heheh.. It seems to be running ok =/ but I don't like the idea of having all that crap on it
Old 10th April, 2002, 01:00 AM

I just built a new PC, so I was going to get the best in hoping that it will last a while I am very please with the graphics. A 3dMark2001SE Pro score of 10175 isn't bad

I use rubbing alochol and cotton swabs to clean my proc off when I use too much compound. No problems yet
Old 10th April, 2002, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SiGmA_X
I use rubbing alochol and cotton swabs to clean my proc off when I use too much compound. No problems yet
Yup, or nail polish remover
Old 10th April, 2002, 02:01 PM

I'm talking the ceramic part.. Alcohol did not want to get the AS 3 off . Someone mentioned using dish soap.. not the dishwasher stuff.. the standard.. =/ do I just rub that liquid soap on then take it off with alcohol?
Old 10th April, 2002, 11:54 PM

Thats what I would do. What do you mean by 'ceramic part'?
Old 11th April, 2002, 12:13 AM

'ceramic' was a term someone used with me I mean the part of the cpu that isn't the core.. the grey or green 'body' of the processor.. I tried isopropyl alcohol and it didn't help at all.. in fact it seemed to make matters worse =/
Old 11th April, 2002, 12:16 AM

Oh. I just call the the 'processor'... I used rubbing alochol (97% ) on mine to clean it off when I put too much compound on it.
Old 11th April, 2002, 12:28 AM

I even used the alcohol that I use at work to clean circuit boards.. /sigh The AS3 looks like it's smeared on part of the processor.. and I'd use qtips and they didn't help at all.. I might try the dish soap like someone earlier suggested.
Old 11th April, 2002, 01:08 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Jazz Send a message via AIM to Jazz

Make sure you are using 90% or better alky. There is some crap out there that is like 70% and it doesnt touch as that well. I have a bottle of 91% here and it just wipes the as off.
"Folding protiens and taking names"
Old 11th April, 2002, 04:40 PM

Now i'm at 305/700 Mhz with a Gainward Ti4400. I remember you the default values: 280/580. I think the Asus 4400 can make more of this results, but i'm not sure. Someone have an Asus V8440 overclocked here?

OC-Enthusiast MoD
Old 12th April, 2002, 04:33 AM

The stuff I'm using is like 91% isopropyl or something like that hehe.. I'll try it again once I get my new board..

I can get my PNY ti4400 to 310/600 easily.. and can get to 320/620 with some artifacts but no crashing Hopefully once I get some heatsinks on that bad boy I'll be able to get him higher.
Old 12th April, 2002, 05:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Im getting mine tommaorw - $285 with next day shipping for lan party- nice one too- leadtek-
Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah