AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th September, 2002, 02:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Logitech z560- Altec Lansing- Klipsch

Which is the best speaker set for me? Im looking for a good deal and a good sound--- the Klipsch are a little out of my price, but i REALY like the Altec Lansing 5100 series or the 64. Any input?

SPyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th September, 2002, 03:08 AM
Banned

I've been testing all three now for months at best buy and compusa...

The Kilpsche are great speakers, good overall tone and lots of power. The price stinks.

Logitech has some good tone too, and lots of bass... a little weak on the midrange though, but certainly not bad considering they're 40+% cheaper that the Klipsche...

The Altecs have great mid-highs, but muddy bass. Pricey for the quality IMO.
Old 11th September, 2002, 11:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jw_Leonhart

I have the Klipsch Promedia 4.1's. They are great, but with monster cables even better from what I hear. The bass is great, and is always strong. If you are watching a movie and an F-16 is flying overhead, you'll feel the rumble. I tried the Logitechs out and I thought they were terrible. Bass is ok, midrange is almost non existant, and the highs are decent. With the Altec's the mid and highs are ok, but the bass is very very junky. The reasons the klipsch's are so good is because it is basically there attempt of brining a great home thatre system to your computer, and they did that exactly, and didn't spare a penny as you can see on the price. If your looking for surround sound then go with the logitechs because of course they are cheaper and like you said, they are in your budget. If you want great sound quality get the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. or save your money for the 4.1 system. The 5.1 I see no point in getting just for a center channel for an extra 100 dollars. Anyways, I hope the advice helps, I would definantly say get the Promedia 2.1's for about 175 or whatever they are selling for or save my money for the 4.1's. Just my opinion, because the price will never come down on them (haven't seen it budge in a year) and they are the greatest PC speakers you could every buy. Highs Mid's and Bass is great. Hope this helps!
Old 11th September, 2002, 11:58 PM

Logitech Z560....
Old 12th September, 2002, 12:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Got the logitechs...... LOVIN THEM
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st January, 2003, 07:58 AM

Angry Logitech Z560 & BrainCloud or

I received Logitech 560's for Christmas , but have been unable to get them working with Epox 8rda+ mb.

Have plugged green to green & black to center blue & ran speaker wizard & checked to make sure i wasn't muted.

Even tried just green to green for 2 speaker with wizard & no luck.
No sound out of headphone plug either...

REALLY wanting to hear this combination, but have been too hard headed to ask for help..
HELP !!!

OL'PAL GARY

What am i forgetting to check or change ??
A.M.D.64 3000+
2pcsx512meg Crucial Ballistix Cas 2
Seagate 160 GIG SATA HD
MSI G-Force 5900XT VIVO 8X agp
SONY 48X24X48 CDRW
TOSHIBA 16X48 DVD
WIN XP
Old 1st January, 2003, 09:27 AM

Send a message via MSN to marcofra2000

Ol'Pal, have you turned the switch to ON in the Subwoofer?. is there a blue light on the volume nob? If not, that might be it.
2x512 Ballistix DDR PC-3200
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Maxtor 80 gig
Antec 430 Watts
Onkyo HT-S760, 750 Watts.

Opinions are like butts, we all have them and they all stink at one time or another. But when people's butts stink we don't go around cleaning them, so please don't tell people that their opinions stink.
Old 1st January, 2003, 02:51 PM

Unhappy MUST BE MOTHERBOARD SETTINGS

Thanks for trying Marco, but the power blue light is on & all connections were the 1st things i troubleshot !! This morning got my old speakers back [2] & no sound there with 2 spk setting & setting up with the Wizard... Have plugged into line out green ,, also !! I must have bad settings on M.B.\

Quote:
Originally posted by marcofra2000
Ol'Pal, have you turned the switch to ON in the Subwoofer?. is there a blue light on the volume nob? If not, that might be it.
Thanks & Happy New Years to Yours ; OL'PAL GARY

edit added 1/1/2003 Hooked up old computer w/ SB Live & it's not the speakers,,, these Z560s are superb.....
Just need to get them woik'n on my Epox 8RDA+

If i have to put SB LIVE in w/ Epox i will ,, but would rather use the onboard & nvidia wizard !!

edit added 1/3/2003 Discovered i was doing everything properly except ;; turning Master Volume on the Z560 control module all the way down & then, in speaker setup, premix, increasing those volume settings to Maximum...
Very Happy with on-board sound & these Logitech Z560 speakers; 400 watts of crystal sound...
A.M.D.64 3000+
2pcsx512meg Crucial Ballistix Cas 2
Seagate 160 GIG SATA HD
MSI G-Force 5900XT VIVO 8X agp
SONY 48X24X48 CDRW
TOSHIBA 16X48 DVD
WIN XP

Last edited by Ol'Pal Gary; 4th January, 2003 at 07:44 AM.