AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Having problems with ATI Radeon 8500DV All-In-Wonder.. (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4703)

Nate-X 19th April, 2002 04:02 PM

Having problems with ATI Radeon 8500DV All-In-Wonder..

I currently have an ATI 8500DV All-In-Wonder agp graphics card installed.

When Windows XP first loads, an error pops up saying ATI desktop control encountered a problem and needs to close. The files listed in the error signature are as follows: appname: atiptaxx.exe and modname: atipdsxx.dll.

This error also occurs when I try to look at the properties of the 8500 card through the display options. I have tried the latest drivers from ATI as well as the latest detonators.

If this makes any difference.. I'm also using an ATI Xpert 128 in the PCI slot.. I'm having no problems with that card and the only problems occuring with the 8500 are what I've listed. Everything else works just keen.

I can post ss's of what the error looks like.. how can I attach more then 1 .jpg? Thanks.

Pinky 19th April, 2002 04:44 PM

I'm not a big fan of running 2 video cards on the same system for this exact reason.

Try removing the 128/PCI card, see if the error goes away. If it doesn't, keeping the 128/PCI out, reinstall the drivers for the radeon 8500dv, and reboot. If the error keeps happening it very well could be a driver issue (what version are you using? be sure to check www.aoafiles.com for a decent and very updated beta selection). If it only happens with 2 cards in the system, then it's a device sharing issue. I wouldn't have a clue about how to fix device sharing issues aside from moving one of the cards off the IRQ they're likely sharing.

Nate-X 19th April, 2002 04:48 PM

I'm not a fan of multiple graphic cards either ;) but it's for work.. so I guess I have to get it to work lol. I'll try removing the 128 and see what's up.

For the drivers.. I've used both the latest detonator as well as the latest supported driver and still having problem :(.

Pinky 19th April, 2002 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nate-X
For the drivers.. I've used both the latest detonator as well as the latest supported driver and still having problem :(.
Detonator, you mean beta, detonators are nvidia drivers :-D

Nate-X 19th April, 2002 05:06 PM

yes.. i'm a dip**** and have my ti4400 on the brain.. /sigh.

CamoAlien 20th April, 2002 06:10 AM

I don't have the AIW Radeon 8500, but I do have the Radeon 8500.

Anyhow, you should give the Omega Corner drivers a shot.

I haven't tried the original ATI drivers for a while, but back a few months ago when I made the switch from the ATI drivers to the Omega Corner tweaked drivers, it made all the difference as far as stability. It also resolved numerous game issues. ;)

Good luck on getting your vid cards working right!

Nate-X 20th April, 2002 02:53 PM

Both cards seem to be performing fine.. just that dammed annoying error box that comes up.

Gave ATI a call.. they don't support that type of configuration.. the mofos =/