AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hardware Hacking (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   -> Mod your 6800GS AGP to Ultra Extreme with coolermod! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35737)

Deadman93723 3rd July, 2006 02:12 AM

Well, I tried the Xtreme-G 91.31 and they have made no difference, they didn't help, they didn't hurt. I guess I'm stuck at 415/1150. Unless I do a volt mod, which I am not willing to put my card at that kind of risk.

dsio 3rd July, 2006 03:41 AM

Have you tried backing off on the ram completely, to stock speed, then overclocking the core alone as high as you can, then after that overclocking the ram?

Also, what are your voltages like?

Nvidia cards like a little overvolt on the AGP voltage, and also a higher than spec +12V rail.

Deadman93723 3rd July, 2006 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsio
Have you tried backing off on the ram completely, to stock speed, then overclocking the core alone as high as you can, then after that overclocking the ram?

Also, what are your voltages like?

Nvidia cards like a little overvolt on the AGP voltage, and also a higher than spec +12V rail.

By overvolt do you mean the AGP voltage in the bios of the system, because mine is at 1.6v. My 12v rail runs at 11.92v(that's testing it with a volt meter), and 22amps.

Samuknow 3rd July, 2006 05:15 AM

I did a bios mod and I am stuck at 415 also. It wouldn't do close to that before. This is at 1.5V...

Deadman93723 3rd July, 2006 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuknow
I did a bios mod and I am stuck at 415 also. It wouldn't do close to that before. This is at 1.5V...

6800GS agp has the same NV40 board that the GT has and there are issues with the voltage regulators on them, they are not stable with anything over 1.3v.

That is what I have heard anyways.

dsio 3rd July, 2006 06:56 AM

Well, I know people have pushed well past 1.65V without problems. Regulators are the AIB vendor's problem, not Nvidia's, so you could expect them to vary somewhat between brands.

Deadman93723 3rd July, 2006 07:54 PM

Ok, the big question is, if I set my voltage to 1.4v instead of 1.3v in the bios without doing an actual volt mod to the card, will I get any perfomance gains?

dsio 3rd July, 2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadman93723
Ok, the big question is, if I set my voltage to 1.4v instead of 1.3v in the bios without doing an actual volt mod to the card, will I get any perfomance gains?

Most likely, yes.

Samuknow 3rd July, 2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadman93723
6800GS agp has the same NV40 board that the GT has and there are issues with the voltage regulators on them, they are not stable with anything over 1.3v.

That is what I have heard anyways.


Mine has been great at 1.5V

Quote:

Well, I know people have pushed well past 1.65V without problems. Regulators are the AIB vendor's problem, not Nvidia's, so you could expect them to vary somewhat between brands.
I am planning on 1.55 soon. I will tell ya what happens...

Deadman93723 3rd July, 2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuknow
Mine has been great at 1.5V



I am planning on 1.55 soon. I will tell ya what happens...

Hey, Samuknow, your not far from me. Anyways 1.5v huh, no problems? I might have to try it.

Deadman93723 4th July, 2006 02:21 AM

I bumped the bios voltage to 1.4v and now I can hit 430/1150, that is more like it.

Samuknow 4th July, 2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadman93723
Hey, Samuknow, your not far from me. Anyways 1.5v huh, no problems? I might have to try it.


Hey you are not too far at all. Sweet another Hoosier. Well I'm a transplant.

I went to 1.4 first, let it set there for a bit and then went 1.5. Been great. Since my temps are fine, I will be bumping it up by .02 and watch it to see what happens.

Deadman93723 4th July, 2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuknow
Hey you are not too far at all. Sweet another Hoosier. Well I'm a transplant.

I went to 1.4 first, let it set there for a bit and then went 1.5. Been great. Since my temps are fine, I will be bumping it up by .02 and watch it to see what happens.

I'm born and raised.

Yeah, I went to 1.4v yesterday, I'm going to watch things for awhile. If everything keeps rolling along well, then I might try 1.45v, see what that does.

mbataka 5th July, 2006 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsio
What drivers were you using before you unistalled them mbataka?

It was a 91.31 i think. I think the driver not playing a big role in this situation. I think maybe Geeks sent me already hacked by someone (RMA replaced card) and returned to them, after while they sent to me hehe.

I'm trying to find bios from another same looking card , but no luck. (Palit have same card, but couldn't able to find bios) Maybe u guys have something. ?

is it possible to flash bios from 256 RAM? to 512, if possible what should be changed in the bios.?
I'm attached my orig bios. PLEASE HELP ME!!!.
Best Regards Bataka.M

mbataka 6th July, 2006 06:53 AM

While searching on the Net i found identical looking card at http://www.icomp.pl/produkty.php?act...aficzne&id=195

As that web site informing This card have NV42 chip on board. So shall i try to reflash with the bios for NV 42? to make work my card normally?.

dsio 6th July, 2006 07:18 AM

Don't just use an NV42 bios, that card is a very one off model, and will have issues with a standard bios. It needs a genuine bios designed for the card. RMA it and let them do it is the best way.

mbataka 6th July, 2006 12:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsio
Don't just use an NV42 bios, that card is a very one off model, and will have issues with a standard bios. It needs a genuine bios designed for the card. RMA it and let them do it is the best way.

Yeah you maybe right. But www.geeks.com not answering me to email. :-(

Currently i'm a Mongolian, so they just ignoring me probably. I sent them e-mail 2 times and no answer. Puckers :-)

I'm attaching shot's of my CHIP,HSI bridge chip and Card. Any suggestions? Which chip is it?

dsio 6th July, 2006 12:42 PM

So this is a 512MB card? If its a 512MB card, its an NV42 with a bridge, though there is a very low possibility that its a freak NV41. Either way, it needs its stock bios, no two ways about it. Do you know for sure what the brand of the card is?

Deadman93723 6th July, 2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadman93723
I'm born and raised.

Yeah, I went to 1.4v yesterday, I'm going to watch things for awhile. If everything keeps rolling along well, then I might try 1.45v, see what that does.

I had to reflash the bios to 1.3v, 1.4v is unstable on NV40 boards, at least mine anyway.:(

dsio 6th July, 2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadman93723
I had to reflash the bios to 1.3v, 1.4v is unstable on NV40 boards, at least mine anyway.:(

Standard 6800 Ultras ship at 1.4V from the factory. I think your issue could be power feed / PSU.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0