AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS > Linux

Linux Questions and information concerning Linux

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th May, 2010, 12:23 PM
Member/Contributer/WCG TEAM CAPTAIN

Fedora 12 i386 DVD ISO in AOA Files?

I downloaded the Live version just fine, but when I try to download the DVD iso, it downloads 0 bytes. Nothing there.

I see the Live cd has an install option, so I guess it's a moot point for me.
Registered Linux User #401179
Desktop- Mint 10 Julia, Mint 9 Isadora, PCLOS LXDE 2010.10, Flavor of the Day

Laptop- Windows 7 Premium, AMD Athlon II X2 P340, 250g Seagate HD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 4G DDR3 Ram, 15.6" HD LED LCD

Last edited by LP; 14th May, 2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th May, 2010, 02:44 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

It's downloading just fine for me, LP.

What browser are you using?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th May, 2010, 04:21 PM

Namoroka Firefox preview

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.5pre) Gecko/20100514 Linux Mint/9 (Isadora) Namoroka/3.6.5pre

Laptop- Windows 7 Premium, AMD Athlon II X2 P340, 250g Seagate HD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 4G DDR3 Ram, 15.6" HD LED LCD
Old 14th May, 2010, 04:23 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Have you attempted to download any other files that were in excess of 2 GB in size?
Old 14th May, 2010, 04:46 PM

I downloaded fedora 11 a couple days ago from Distrowatch. It's 3.4 gigs.

I just tried with Opera and it doesn't work either. I was able to start downloading Fedora 12 i686 Live KDE CD ISO from the forum files, so Opera works ok with that one.

Old 14th May, 2010, 04:47 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Seems to me like we ran into this once before, with Daniel, and it had something to do with the filesystem he was on. Mint would download it, but Fedora wouldn't, or vice versa, or something like that.
Old 14th May, 2010, 04:57 PM

I just went to Distrowatch and I am able to download Fedora-12-i386-DVD.iso 3.0G from there?

Not a big deal, just wanted someone to be aware that others may run into the same problem.
I can try Ubuntu in a little while, just in case it's a Mint thing.

Old 14th May, 2010, 05:57 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I found the thread where we went through this with Daniel. It's here: Fedora 12 available in AOAFiles

We never did figure out what was going on, but it was only Daniel (and now you).
Old 14th May, 2010, 08:16 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Yeah why bother if it's "only" Daniel... LOL
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 14th May, 2010, 08:46 PM

Well, just for kicks I tried to download it on XP. When I click on the download link for server 1, I get -

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

I get the same thing on the 64 bit DVD.iso download link.

Now, I'd think it was my provider but I can download it from Distrowatch, so file size isn't the problem, and I think that throws out file systems too.
Btw, my Ubuntu and Mint are Ext4.
This XP is NTFS.
I did try a couple other Live cd links and they pop up the download window just fine.

Last edited by LP; 14th May, 2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 14th May, 2010, 08:58 PM

Back on Ubuntu, and tried this link from the other thread-
http://mirrordenver.fdcservers.net/f...x86_64-DVD.iso
That works.

Old 14th May, 2010, 09:33 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I'm sorry LP, but I don't have any way to troubleshoot this further, and I can't reproduce it myself, so I have no way of figuring out where the problem is and fixing it. I've downloaded the file from Ubuntu, Fedora, Windows XP, and Windows 2000, from three completely different ISPs, without problems.

Last edited by Gizmo; 14th May, 2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 14th May, 2010, 09:52 PM

No problem.

Old 17th May, 2010, 08:09 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Yeah...it's only Daniel and LP...LOL
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 17th May, 2010, 08:37 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Daniel, you know me: even if it were only ChrisBard, I'd still dig until I had it fixed. My problem is that my shovel is broken, and I can't dig through solid rock with my fingernails.
Old 17th May, 2010, 08:45 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

( Daniel pictures Gizmo's broken and bleeding fingernails)

I think LP was WAY to hard on you Gizmo... but you know how women are! ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 18th May, 2010, 09:03 PM
Member/Contributer

Gizmo,

I have also tested this. I get the same error with server cluster 1 with all browsers whether I'm at work or not regardless of which browser. But when not logged in I have access to server cluster 3, this doesn't give me the error. I can't test with server cluster 2.

It may just be the 1 server cluster that's having this issue.

Corsair AX650
Asus P8H77-M PRO
i7 3770 (non K series)
- Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler
2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Sapphire 7970
2 x SanDisk Extreme 120GB RAID 0
Western Digital Green 3TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
TP Link TL-WN881ND
Fractal Design Arc Mini
- 2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm, 2x Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm, NZXT Sentry 2 LCD Fan Controller
Asus ML249H
Old 18th May, 2010, 09:12 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Thanks for that piece of info noob. That gives me something to look into.
Old 18th May, 2010, 10:18 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Ok, I really can't see any earthly reason there should be a difference between cluster 1 and cluster 3, but if someone who's having problems could try the download and see if works or not, I'd love to know. I made a tiny change in the code.
Old 19th May, 2010, 12:08 AM

Cluster 1- Tried it it on FF and Opera. Still get the 0 byte download.
I logged out on Opera and was able to access cluster 3 and like Noob, it works from there.

Another issue, but I'll blame FF, the log out button isn't clickable for me in FF. It works in Opera.

Last edited by LP; 19th May, 2010 at 12:14 AM.