AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS > Linux

Linux Questions and information concerning Linux

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th September, 2012, 01:01 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I'm out of the game for a day or two!

My bubble has popped and my Cyber world has crumbled!

First my new USB back up drive arrived, looks to work great...But my copy of Acronis doesn't recognize my USB drive, So I'll need to PAY to update it!

While I'm trying to get that done, My LED on my Koolance goes out for a second time!, worse the pump stops and I get an error message that I'm to hot, not realizing my coolers isn't working I clock down, then it goes off again at stock...I look and even though the fans are on and the light is lite...no pump!@!!

I go see koolance tomorrow... sigh... till then dead in the water....cooler...":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th September, 2012, 01:11 AM
AOA Staff

Pump died in mine a few months back.
Old 8th September, 2012, 02:31 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Sorry to hear man. I always set my systems up to turn off if they get to hot. I had my pump go out once, it sucked.
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th September, 2012, 07:27 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

My old one is still good. This new one, second time its gone out!

They are aware of the problem and replace it free, I'm local so I just take it to them.

If you set the Shut off by using the up and down arrows together, set it to high and the LED goes out completely! This is twice. I won't try to set shut off again on this unit, It's useless any way as it links to the beside the die thermister and These days you have to go by your core temps. I was just setting it to get t it out of the way.

so it goes... ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 12th September, 2012, 01:16 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Ok! That was special! LOL

They replaced the Pump and Led. For the second time. I talked to their Counter/teck guy for a bit. I asked if he knew there was an undocumented setting on the LED read out? He said yes, that the board came from an industry application ( Koolance cools server farms as well as hobbyist.)

What happens is this. There is an Auto shut down temp for each LED Thermistor.

You access that setting by holding down the up and down buttons until a Temp appears , default is 55C. You can change these from 32 to something ridiculous 175C or something, can't recall, but you can dump the auto shut down this way if you want.

However sometimes instead of a temp, you get a number between one and ten, change that number and your dead meat, or at lest pump and LED are.

And you are prone to change that number as it's a timed setting , you have to be fast to change the temp up or down or it reverts to standard use. so you must be quick and it hardly ever shows up and then your dead meat a second time....or I was...but didn't completely figure it out until the second time.

He reassured me that they would warranty me beyond the year and wouldn't let me get hurt by this...strangely, I believe him! LOL They are good people I've dealt with them on several issues and they always make it right.

But I'm local, I can take a half hour drive and have them do everything... I'd hate to have this issue and be replacing pump and led on my own, parts through the mail, working the exchange, very time consuming if water is your only cooler, down time. added to which I'm not electrically inclined!

So I like how they handled this for me, both times. But this is a MISSION CRITICAL part, it should NOT be failing a first Time, let alone a second. I don't know how Koolance will handle this ultimately, I think they have a problem in that they maybe a bit locked in on their parts due to Case design...But I really don't know.

Just got back up a few hours ago.

Oh, I should add that the reason i didn't initially understand that the pump was out is it remained illuminated and all three fans continued to power. As it was hot day I had pumps and fans set to ten (Top). So when the alarm goes off I look at my Core temps, for the moment they are fine, the the alarm stops and I figure it's a glitch, I don't realize the whole Kooling circuit is blown, the lights are on, the fans powered, So I go re-boot to the Bios and star to change my Pre set oveclock to a lower one, but I pause, Don't know why, but I open Sys Monitor instead.

By now Intel is about to wring my neck...I honestly don't remember what the temps were (in both C and F) as Then my System alarm goes off, Loudly!!!!!! I never hit my power supply switch so fast!... I sit there just glad intel didn't shut me down, a matter of personal pride you understand.":O}

I mentally check my systems...I think...I wait until everything is cool and boot with on hand on the power supply switch, I stand looking though the clear plexy to ZERO water circulation...I shut down and call Koolance and make an appointment. A moment of pure terror.

All is well!! ":O}

What was so dangerous is that it looked and sounded like it was running, only the front read outs went dark and not until the pump had been out a while.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 12th September, 2012 at 01:35 AM.