AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Linux (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Mint and modern hardware (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50637)

chrisbard 22nd August, 2012 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Second image after Ubuntu started! Reading this is making me feel so much better! :D

chrisbard 22nd August, 2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booman (Post 517995)
Seriously???!!!
Is Linux getting back at you?

Hahahaha, no it's just...linucs! :rolling:

booman 22nd August, 2012 09:58 PM

yeah, I would click the "cancel" button too

chrisbard 22nd August, 2012 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hehe at least the prtscr is opening a program that allows instant saving and is making a sound, so I guess my sound is working well. Apart from that linucs is telling me I can install the incredible number of 550 games! AWMAGOWD!!!

booman 22nd August, 2012 10:06 PM

550 games is good, but most are typical solitair, gem poppers, or tetris... there are a few that are really good but you will need to install Ubuntu and get those video drivers installed to play em.

chrisbard 22nd August, 2012 10:10 PM

Aparently there is no photoshop for Linux unless I am using an alternate method of instalation... :(

booman 22nd August, 2012 10:12 PM

Yes, Photoshop may run in Wine, but no guarrantees. Also depends on your version.
I do recommend GIMP. specially 2.8 because the windows work together as one program. In the past releases the menus and toolbars were seperate windows you would have to Alt+Tab through to use them.

chrisbard 22nd August, 2012 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It tells me that it needs some additional plugins but guess what?

Linucs rulez!!! :D

booman 22nd August, 2012 10:38 PM

Finally you see the light!!!
Pffff.. you don't need any plugins.
Glad its working out for you. I've heard Ubuntu is one of the best distros to use because its widely developed and supported.

chrisbard 23rd August, 2012 12:04 AM

I feel like calling Daniel to complain about this thing called linucs but someboooooody else was quicker, enjoy!

Epic Burger Food Poisoning Prank (Arab Guy) - Ownage Pranks - YouTube

booman 23rd August, 2012 02:12 AM

I am emailing you from my Mint 13 box with brand new Nvidia drivers! It only took two clicks to Activate the drivers which automatically downloaded and installed!
Score!

Daniel ~ 23rd August, 2012 03:22 AM

Sorry I got left an entire page behind! You boys have been out with the hounds! One Minute I'm the only guy in the forums who actually believes Linux can effortlessly install a Video driver,

( I don't mind, I understood. I was not kidding when I said I uninstalled my drivers three times...just to touch the magic button and watch it do it all again! and again!! This was a long time in coming!)

and now, here I am at the dawn of a new age of Linux Gaming! Well done guys!

Daniel ~ 23rd August, 2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbard (Post 518010)
I feel like calling Daniel to complain about this thing called linucs but someboooooody else was quicker, enjoy!

Epic Burger Food Poisoning Prank (Arab Guy) - Ownage Pranks - YouTube

So Chris...you had something of a gut reaction...Care to sort out your first impressions?

BTW, Mint is firmly based in ubuntu, but ubuntu is not Mint...particularly not Mint 13 ":O}

Daniel ~ 23rd August, 2012 04:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I was hoping they would offer alternatives as I'm sure a very good one must exist, ...Danrok might know...?

I searched software manager and Synaptic Manger, got this:

booman 23rd August, 2012 06:01 AM

Installed Wine, Dosbox, Chromium and noticed a screenshot of Sketchup in the Wine search results....
Drakensang isn't working yet with plain wine. I'm updating to Java 7 jre to see if that helps... otherwise I'll try Playonlinux.

The Nvidia drivers also support my two LCD monitors!

Daniel ~ 23rd August, 2012 05:06 PM

In the land of milk and honey now buddy ":O}

booman 23rd August, 2012 05:26 PM

Lugaru worked good except no sound. I'll try it again tonight because I found that Mint shows two outputs for audio and the default wasn't working.
I bet my secondary is my video card with the HDMI output....
I'm not using it

chrisbard 23rd August, 2012 05:28 PM

ha? hahahahaha

/whisper windows7!

booman 23rd August, 2012 05:31 PM

So Chris... did you play with Ubuntu Live anymore?

Daniel ~ 23rd August, 2012 07:00 PM

Mind you real men install Mint.....
Real women make them do it!