AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th January, 2005, 06:10 AM

Question n00b needs Linux driver for Netgear FA310TX REV-D2

I am attempting to learn Linux by using it. I am putting the latest version of Slackware on my box, but before i do so, i need to get the right driver for my networking card, a Netgear FA310TX REV-D2, so I can use the computer for what I do all the time... surf the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'm rather new at all this.
Old 11th January, 2005, 08:53 AM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

The FA310TX REV-D2 has a Tulip chipset, which has been supported by the Linux kernel for a long time. Any distribution you care to choose will detect and use the correct driver automatically.

I will warn you that my own experience with Tulip-based networking cards has not been good - in older kernel revisions than are available now the driver could often cause the card to send malformed TX data, so that the computer still couldn't get onto the network even when you had all the settings right. Maybe it's been fixed in the 2.6.x tree - let us know how you get on