AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th March, 2003, 01:26 AM
Phat Spammer

Send a message via AIM to Phat Pat

SP1 slowdown

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;815411

"After you install Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1), your programs may take as much as ten times as long to start."

"A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to computers that are experiencing this specific problem. This fix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, Microsoft recommends that you wait for the next Windows XP service pack that contains this fix."

gotta contact MS to get the patch

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th March, 2003, 04:54 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

If modern operating systems weren't so unbemumfably complicated, I'd be tempted to complain about this so kewl news about My Favorite Corporation.
Old 28th March, 2003, 07:44 PM

I spent two hours on the phone today with Microsatan try to get that patch for a royally pissed off customer. I had patched and updated his machine to resolve some other problems. I already had a unresolved XRS # and had already spent hours on the phone with tech support. They made me jump through all the hoops again just to verify I needed the patch before they agreed to send it.

Interesting thing I discovered, once Microsatan licenses a OS to a manufacturer they drop all support (Including updates) and it falls to the OEM who is clueless anyway. I think we all know the OEM response is an automatic repair/reinstall solution. It makes things really rough for the private IT company's. I am so sick of people looking at me like I'm an idiot because of Microsofts screwups. Erp.
Old 28th March, 2003, 10:25 PM
Phat Spammer

Send a message via AIM to Phat Pat

well, you could always buy all new macs. Budget, what budget?

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st March, 2003, 04:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Bah. OpenBSD w/ a okay GUI... I would dig it, if it would run on my i386 box