AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 5th July, 2004, 08:19 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Thunderbird Config problems

I just moved my wife over to thunderbird... She was pissed at me when I turned off netscape on her long ago (long story.)

Here's my dilemna. I want her to be able to access her email from 2 different PCs in the house. I thought I had it set up, but now, only one is able. The other one points to the right files on the first machine. It can see the emails, but is unable to open or modify the emails, or delete them.

I figured this should be a snap, but now I'm scratching my head... this is the opposite of what most people want, but I don't see why it isn't working.
Old 5th July, 2004, 08:38 PM
AOA Staff

I guess you have already checked things like file permisions in the mail folder.
Old 5th July, 2004, 09:34 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrok
I guess you have already checked things like file permisions in the mail folder.
Yup... PC2 can see the emails, just not open it. The fact it can see them at all means it can get it. I tried turning off firewalls at both machines, doublechecked permissions for all related folders....