AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th October, 2009, 08:34 PM

Post Nvidia 191.07 Geforce/ION drivers released

This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

New in Version 191.07

* Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs.
* Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.07 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
o Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2
o Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled
o Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled
o Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled
o Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled
o Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled
* Adds SLI support for Aion, Darkfall, Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows, Dreamkiller, Fuel, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Need for Speed: Shift and more.
* Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application.

Driver downloads here at AOA: http://files.aoaforums.com/D138-Nvidia%20Drivers.html

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 8th October, 2009 at 08:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th October, 2009, 03:59 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Many thanks Muff1n!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th October, 2009, 11:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Is this for win 7 also. I blew away Vista last night and reinstalled 7.
Old 9th October, 2009, 12:02 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuknow View Post
Is this for win 7 also. I blew away Vista last night and reinstalled 7.
It's compatible for both W7 & Vista.
191.07_desktop_win7_winvista_

Last edited by MUff1N; 9th October, 2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10th October, 2009, 05:17 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Does anyone else have problems viewing nVidia's main page (www.nvidia.com) in Linux? Their Flash-based main page just flat doesn't work for me, and I have flash installed, and I know it works, because other flash-based sites work just fine.

(Honestly, how the hell do some of these web-heads manage to come up with flash- and java-based programs that BREAK on Linux?)

Last edited by Gizmo; 10th October, 2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10th October, 2009, 12:00 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Exclamation

Well the question is wrong. The correct question would be; Why does Linux breaks under such a beautiful website as Nvidia?
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 10th October, 2009, 05:03 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

The answer to that is quite simple: the idiot programmer that wrote the Flash code did something stupid that only works on Windows, and probably not even ALL versions of that.

The whole POINT of the web, and the applications running therein, is that as long as the agents rendering the content adhere to the standards and the websites delivering the code adhere to the standards, the code will work REGARLESS of the OS. It's only when folks like Microsoft come along and take it upon themselves to 'extend' the standards in such a way that they only work with MS operating systems that we have problems.

Last edited by Gizmo; 10th October, 2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10th October, 2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Does anyone else have problems viewing nVidia's main page (www.nvidia.com)in Linux? Their Flash-based main page just flat doesn't work for me, and I have flash installed, and I know it works, because other flash-based sites work just fine.

(Honestly, how the hell do some of these web-heads manage to come up with flash- and java-based programs that BREAK on Linux?)
Just checked and everything seems to be OK for me.
Old 10th October, 2009, 05:07 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Well, that makes me feel a LITTLE better. If it's something peculiar to my machine, I can deal with that.
Old 10th October, 2009, 05:10 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Are you on 32-bit or 64-bit? Which Flash DLL have you got loaded?
Old 10th October, 2009, 06:01 PM
Irreverent Query Chairman

No problems here either with 64-bit and version 10.0 r32 of libflashplayer.so on 3 boxen, Firefox 3.0.14.

What browser are you having trouble with?
#1: Tt Armor, ASUS Maximus Extreme, QX9650@4.1G, 8G Corsair Dominator GT DDR3-2000, Corsair HX1050, H2O-Swiftech, Gigabyte GTX470/Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II, Intel 520 SSD, Kingston SSD, 2xRaptor 150G RAID0, Win 7 Pro 64
#2: Tt Shark, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, Q6600@3.8G, 4G HyperX-1600, Corsair HX850, CoolerMaster V10, 2xASUS 9600GT, 2xRaptor 74G RAID0, OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, Gentoo/siduction Linux [64-bit]
#3, #4: Opteron 170@2.75G nude, A8N-SLI Deluxe, Gentoo

AOA Folding @HomeOur sister site: www.gamersonlinux.com

Last edited by ThunderRd; 10th October, 2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10th October, 2009, 06:47 PM

I'm running the 10.0.32.10 version under gentoo, with firefox 3.5.3-bin
Old 10th October, 2009, 07:03 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Does anyone else have problems viewing nVidia's main page (www.nvidia.com) in Linux? Their Flash-based main page just flat doesn't work for me, and I have flash installed, and I know it works, because other flash-based sites work just fine.

I just got Address not found in Mint 7...32 bit

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009090216 Linux Mint/7 (Gloria) Firefox/3.0.14

"Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies).

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing."

I CAN reach Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies AND Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
Basically their whole site is available from the World page and USA link
Attached Thumbnails
Nvidia 191.07 Geforce/ION drivers released-screenshot-drivers-download-nvidia-drivers-mozilla  
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 10th October, 2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10th October, 2009, 07:18 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~ View Post
"Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies).

Basically their whole site is available from the Whole page and USA link
The url got included wrong when I typed it in and vBulletin converted it to a link. That's why when you click on it, it didn't go anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRd View Post
No problems here either with 64-bit and version 10.0 r32 of libflashplayer.so on 3 boxen, Firefox 3.0.14.

What browser are you having trouble with?
FireFox 3.5

My problem is that all I get is the first frame of the Flash movie and nothing else. As a consequence, I never see their menus, so I can't get to the site.

I downloaded and installed the latest 64-bit Flash player. I was on -r22, but I'm on -r32 now, and I still have the same problem. However, both you and Cliff report no problems, so its got to be something else. Odd thing is, other Flash sites work just fine.
Old 10th October, 2009, 08:41 PM

Arrow

You could have just download it via the widget on AOA but you are like me Giz...you see a problem & it has to be fixed!!!

Tags
nvidia