AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd February, 2002, 10:09 AM
Member/Contributer

What's up guys.

Been a while.
I have been overwhelmed by whe current work load put on me recently. The snow/ice storm here about a month ago has had me working full time. (9:00am - 12:00 + pm some nights).

I havn't been keeping the boxes folding. Sorry!
If you look at the stats though I have started them back to the task of folding.

The good news is that I did get my new XP1700+ system up and running. Just wish I had bought the ddr ram several weeks earlier. Only running on 256 right now. Finally got a MOBO. Abit KR7A. I have had great luck with the Abits so I stuck with what I knew. No extra B.S. like on board Audio or Video. No O/C yet but that will follow soon. It is up and folding as I write this.

I'm going to write Allan about resigning my appointment as #1 on this crew as I havn't been able to uphold the duties of the position. You guys deserve better and I'm not in a position now to deliver. No big loss as there are many of you who could do a better job.

I hope to be able to come by more often and I will keep the folding going. See you all around.

Paul
----------------------------------------------

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd February, 2002, 10:18 AM

First off. GLAD you are alive !!!!

WELCOME home bro.

Come by as often as you can :-D
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd February, 2002, 11:52 AM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

welcome back MOM number 1! im not folding at the moment cos im using my temporary pc again lol

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 3rd February, 2002, 12:00 PM
Member/Contributer

Welcome home Paul, I've missed ya! Its good to know you are still here, we were getting worried...

Fold on my friend!

Old 3rd February, 2002, 02:04 PM

Welcome back...

Dont work too hard...for too long.

"Fold on"

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 02:35 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Jazz Send a message via AIM to Jazz

Welcome back. Take it easy dont work too hard, i learned it once it almost gave me a breakdown.
"Folding protiens and taking names"
Old 3rd February, 2002, 04:15 PM
Banned

Ditto the sentiments here, just glad to hear from you!!!
Old 3rd February, 2002, 05:03 PM

Glad to see you back
I wouldn't think those bankers type hours would interfere with folding. I mean, you're only working from 9 in the morning until noon :clown: (that's what yer post says)
I don't know the thoughts of others, but unless you just wanted to abdicate your position, I see no need to due to your inablity to be around for a while. Everybody hits very busy times in their lives/careers. Sometimes "real" life impinges on our ability to persue the passtimes we choose. I know that as soon as you can you'll be back foldin' yer @$$ off and giving others the inspiration to do the same.
Which ever you decide, it's just good to know that you and your's are well
Old 3rd February, 2002, 06:16 PM
Member/Contributer

I dunno about the rest of you, but I think losing Southern Man as "2nd in command" of the folding team would be a great loss...

If you think you are gonna make it back here just a bit more often in the future, you are MORE than welcome to stay is my right hand. Real life comes first, and we all have things to do (Well, except maybe for Pinky! ) so you don't have to resign because of that.

Please reconsider that resignation, ok? :clown:
Old 4th February, 2002, 03:57 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Welcome back!!!
It's good to see you post again.... and folding.
We all do 'what we gotta do.' Hang in there.
Old 6th February, 2002, 03:40 AM

wow i completly missed your thread SM sorry !! good to see your still kicken..

life's a ***** hey , work sure cuts into a mans folding time...

i posted a sugestion in one of your threads (way back)when you took the new job ,that you needed a new laptop and a nextel uplink so that you could post and drive at the same time ...heheeeee... look out:-D

see ya when we see ya...

fer 47 years ive been seeking a balance in life
and I’ve been from one end to the other
i may be getting close
Old 6th February, 2002, 03:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Allan
we all have things to do (Well, except maybe for Pinky! ) so you don't have to resign because of that.
hey!! it's not my fault my job affords me the luxury of surfing all day!!!
Old 6th February, 2002, 02:42 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally posted by kat
wow i completly missed your thread SM sorry !! good to see your still kicken..

life's a ***** hey , work sure cuts into a mans folding time...

i posted a sugestion in one of your threads (way back)when you took the new job ,that you needed a new laptop and a nextel uplink so that you could post and drive at the same time ...heheeeee... look out:-D

see ya when we see ya...
LOL @Kat.
I have a hard enough time managing the cell phone and driving, much less posting. The other day I was humming along @ 70mph down the interstate and popped over a hill to find some #$@&&*% Idiot driving along at 30 MPH in the lane just ahead of me. DRopped the phone stabbed the break and did evasive manovering to keep from eating his Azz.
Felt like I was going NASCAR after that.

Needless to say I wont be posting & driving until I get voice recognition installed on the laptop that I don't have.
----------------------------------------------