AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th July, 2006, 10:28 PM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

Dualcore folding

Well ive finally got round to putting my new rig together (their were some tears, but that is for another thread.) I'm running an A64 x2 3800+ and have installed RM1's service installer and also EMiii

I was wondering if anyone could double check that ive got it set up right as ive never used the client version before and would like my mind put at rest.

It has installed 2 f@h folders in program files, with core_82 and core_7a. Ive changed the name in the client.cfg file to ajopz.(pic attached)

It all seems to be working and both cores have downloaded a WU and started to fold.

I ran EMiii and pointed it at the FAH500-console in each folder(is this correct?), and as far as i can tell this seems to be working ok aswell.

The only thing that puzzles me is when i get up the task manager it shows each of the core's (_82 and _7a) as only having a cpu usage of 50. Is this normal? My old athlon ran as close to 100 as possible, is this something to do with the dual core?? I thought it would be running both core's at 100.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Ive attached a pic of the task manager and the client file.

Thanx in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Dualcore folding-client-file.jpg   Dualcore folding-tm.jpg  
Old 29th July, 2006, 01:00 AM

50% of a dualcore is one core, 100% both cores
f@h isn't multithreaded, it can only run at one core, so you need 2 services
Old 29th July, 2006, 11:20 AM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

Thanx gedon.
So is there anyway of running 100% cpu usage on each core then?
Or is 50% on each core the best i will get?
Old 29th July, 2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajopz
Thanx gedon.
So is there anyway of running 100% cpu usage on each core then?
Or is 50% on each core the best i will get?
windows does not tell you 50% usage on each core. windows tells you 50% usage of the whole cpu.
Old 29th July, 2006, 02:35 PM

I dont really understand.

All I need to know is if its possible to run 1 instances of folding on each of the cores at 100% on both?
Old 29th July, 2006, 03:13 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

on dual core, task manager showing 50%=100% on one core. And yes, it's possible...you are already doing it.

Last edited by cadaveca; 29th July, 2006 at 03:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th July, 2006, 04:54 PM

Thanx for clearing that up for me dave and gedon