AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > General > ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team

ThunderRd's AOA FOLDING@HOME Team Where Protein Acrobats gather to change the world!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th October, 2001, 04:07 PM
Member/Contributer

Memory Leak

There appears to be some concern about F@H2 having a problem using up free memory. The guys at the Yahoo F@H2 forum have been discussing it and reporting progress to ViJay over at Stanford. The suggested fix is to run a memory manager to check and free up memory periodically. You guys may want to install and run one if you have one. I think there is a couple freeware / shareware programs available out there. I put FreeMemPro on my boxes this morning. It made a big difference on the little slow box with only 36megs of ram. The other systems have 256 and up on them and I haven't noticed a real appreciable difference there.

Just a heads up.

If you want to read about it heres a link to the Yahoo site.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/folding2
----------------------------------------------

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th October, 2001, 04:34 PM
Member/Contributer

Its good to have you reading around for us all, I'm sure this is a good idea for people without lots of RAM. Get the proggy, and speed up your folding times!
Old 27th October, 2001, 05:19 AM

I used Ram Rooster and in 2.0 it flies I have the EngHomeodomain running and in 2 1/2 hoursI got 71 frames done by Optimizing 429mb and man is it faster so thanks SouthernMan nice heads up
Old 27th October, 2001, 05:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Is it just a win95/98/me problem? Cause I'm using Win2k and only have 140 megs used up at any given time. And that'w with other applications running.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah

Last edited by dimmreaper; 27th October, 2001 at 05:54 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!